Thursday, December 9, 2010

Double Trouble

So today I'm posting about two artists. Both paint women in different ways and since I've already said I love when women are put into art, why not post them?

The first artist is Brian Viveros:







The sexy, hot mess look really appeals to me so I think it's safe to say that he's one of my favorite artists. I love the way he paints their lips, shoulders and necks (which are all actually my favorite body parts). The blending of warm colors in the background makes you have a comforting feeling yet you're looking at this strong, edgy image; its a nice feeling in your brain. I like that most of them are injured in some way, it kind of (to me) represents how women get hurt, get knocked down, yet they'll still sit there, look beautiful and smoke they're cigarette.

Next artist is Patrick "STAR27" Deignan:








These pictures are kind of like an ugly sexy. The artist says he painted them based on something he has once seen, I wonder what he saw that was the equivalent to these paintings. This definitely shows the more crazy side of women but still beautiful none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment